About the Journal
ParadigmPlus is a peer-reviewed journal published by the ITI Research Group in collaboration with Science Based Platforms for a global audience of professionals in computer science interested in disseminating computer-based research in all knowledge areas.
Aims and Scope
ParadigmPlus publishes well-developed manuscripts describing theoretical, empirical, conceptual, and experimental results in all areas of computer science.
The journal will address (but will not limit itself to) the following areas:
- Algorithms Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Analytics
- Brain-Computer Interface
- Cloud Computing
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Vision
- Data Analysis
- Data Mining
- Data Science
- Decision Systems
- Digital Transformation of Society
- Distributed and Parallel Computing
- Educational Technology
- Enterprise Information Systems Applications
- Gamification and Serious Games
- Health Care Information Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- ICT-Enabled Social Innovation
- Information Management for Sustainable Organizations
- Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- Interaction Design and Usability
- IT Architectures
- Learning Management Systems
- Mobile Information Processing Systems
- Natural Language
- Robotic Autonomy
- Smart Cities
- Software and Systems Modeling
- Software Architectures
- Software Design Engineering
- Theory and Formal Methods
ParadigmPlus publishes one volume per year and three numbers per volume. The first number was published in April 2020.
ParadigmPlus performs a double-blind peer-review process, where the reviewers do not know the names or affiliations of the authors and the reviewer reports provided to the authors are anonymous. Every submission will be reviewed by at least three experts. Reviewers will also be asked to indicate how innovative and significant the research is. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports. When a submission is accepted, the editor will include at the end of the accepted article, the names and affiliations of the reviewers in alphabetical order by last name.
Open Access Policy
ParadigmPlus is open-access allowing free access to its content in order to foster the interchange of global knowledge.
Article Processing Charges
ParadigmPlus is completely free to both readers and authors. The manuscripts are submitted, evaluated, proofread, and published without any cost.
Creative Commons Licence
ParadigmPlus is licensed under a Creative Commons License Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
The corresponding author, acting on behalf of all of the authors must complete, print, hand-written sign, scan, and submit the Author Agreement to Publish a Contribution as Open-Access on ParadigmPlus document, where authors:
- Agree that the contribution is made available publicly under the Creative Commons License Attribution 4.0 International.
- Grant the editors and its archiving partners the non-exclusive and irrevocable right to archive the contribution and to make it accessible (online and free of charge) for public distribution.
- Agree that the author names and affiliations are part of the associated metadata and may be stored.
- Acknowledge that the editors hold the copyright for the journal ParadigmPlus.
- Have not included any third-party material such as figures, code, data sets, and others without having properly indicated its source and credited its original authors.
- Warrant that the contribution does not infringe on any rights of third parties.
- Understand and agree that the full responsibility for the content of the contribution rests upon the authors of the contribution.
- Release the journals' editors and the archiving partners of the journal ParadigmPlus from any liability caused by the publication or archiving of the contribution.
- Have read and completely understand the conditions of the Creative Commons License Attribution 4.0 International and agree to apply this license to the contribution.
Every submission is screened by Turnitin. Submissions with a high rate of coincidences are declined by the editor without review.
ParadigmPlus uses the service PKP Preservation Network to digitally preserve the journal's articles.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
ParadigmPlus ensures that all involved actors i.e., authors, reviewers, and editors strictly follow the international rules on ethics in the publication process. Thus, ParadigmPlus follows the ethics published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in their COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors and the International Standards for Editors and Authors.
General duties and responsibilities of the editorial board
Having overall responsibility for the journal, the ParadigmPlus editorial board are committed to:
- Working together to meet the readers' and authors' needs.
- Fostering the continuous improvement of the journal.
- Ensuring the quality of published material.
- Ensuring freedom of expression.
- Maintaining the academic integrity of their content.
- Preventing commercial interests from compromising intellectual standards.
- Posting corrections, clarifications, retractions, and apologies when necessary.
Relations with readers
Readers will be informed about research funders and their role in the research.
Relations with authors
ParadigmPlus is committed to ensuring the quality of its published material, informing the goals and standards of the journal. The decision of editors to accept or decline a submission for publication is based on the relevance of the work, originality, and pertinence of the study regarding the journal’s focus and scope.
ParadigmPlus includes a description of the process for peer evaluation of each work received and provides a guide for authors with this information. The guide is up to date and contains a link to the code of ethics. ParadigmPlus recognizes the right of authors to appeal to editorial decisions.
Editors will not change their decision in accepting or declining submission unless extraordinary circumstances or irregularities are detected. Any change in the composition of the editorial board will not affect decisions already made, except in unusual cases where serious circumstances converge.
Relations with reviewers
ParadigmPlus makes available to reviewers a guide to what is expected from them. During the review process, reviewers' identity is protected at all times, ensuring anonymity. Nevertheless, when a submission is accepted, reviewers' information is included in the published article.
ParadigmPlus is committed to answering quickly to complaints, ensuring a smooth process of resolution. Furthermore, if a claimant is still dissatisfied, ParadigmPlus considers that they have the right to raise their protests to other instances.
Promoting academic integrity
ParadigmPlus ensures that its published material conforms to internationally accepted ethical standards.
Protection of individual data
ParadigmPlus guarantees the confidentiality of individuals' information.
ParadigmPlus accepts the obligation to act appropriately in the event of suspected malpractice or misconduct. The editors not only reject manuscripts when there are doubts about possible misconduct but they are also considered ethically obliged to report suspected cases of misconduct. Every reasonable effort is made by ParadigmPlus to ensure that works submitted for evaluation are rigorous in their methods and ethically appropriate.
Integrity and academic rigor
Whenever there is evidence that a published work contains significant misstatements, misleading, or distorted statements, it must be corrected immediately. In the event of fraudulent content being detected, the work will be removed as soon as that is known, and readers and indexing systems will be informed immediately. Practices that are considered unacceptable will be reported.
Conflict of interest
ParadigmPlus will establish the necessary mechanisms to avoid or resolve potential conflicts of interest between authors, reviewers, and the editorial board.